If you have some time off, the best thing you can do is go somewhere nice, fullstop.
Search the best hotel rates using the simple form below, it’s absolutely free.
There are more than 220,000 hotels in the database, and the prices are compared between 30 leading sites.
Find the best hotel deals now!
What to do on your day off? This is a question we all ask every week. The answer is getting harder these days. Rising fuel prices are keeping more people close to home on the weekends today. You work hard all week and the weekend is your time to relax and have fun.
Your local newspaper is a great place to find out what’s happening in your local area. Some activities for your day off will depend on your geographical area. Some places to find great things to do on the weekend are:
- Local Newspaper
- Local Radio
- Local library bulletin boards
Some ideas for your weekend are:
- Rent a video: This is a very affordable activity that the whole family can enjoy.
- Movie Theatre: Take in a great motion picture at your local theatre. Affordable and will not take a great deal of fuel to get there.
- Garage Sales: One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure. This is an activity that can be great fun.
- Art Gallery: Visit your local art gallery.
- Museum: A visit to your local museum can be educational and fun at the same time.
- The drive in: Drive in movie theatres is becoming popular today. Pack up the family and take in a movie at the drive in.
- Tennis: Tennis is great fun and a good cardio work out as well.
- Jogging: We often do not have time to exercise during the week. A nice jog on the weekend will clear your mind.
- Hiking: A daytrip hiking can be very rewarding.
- Camping: Take the family on an overnight camping trip. Get one with nature.
- Swimming: The heat is rising as summer arrives. It is the perfect time to cool off in the local swimming hole.
- Softball: Get your friends together for a game of softball. Have fun and get some exercise.
- Dinner: The weekend is the perfect time to go out for that special dinner.
- Play: Take in a play.
- Sky diving: Get your heart pumping with this great sport.
- Sleep: The weekend is the time to catch up on some much needed sleep. Turn off the alarm clock and sleep late.
- Email: Spend some time catching up on your correspondence.
- Night out on the town: The weekend is time to let your hair down. Spruce up and head to your favorite club.
- Bike ride: Cycling is a good way to get some exercise. It is something the whole family can do together.
- Gardening: Gardening can be very relaxing. It is also rewarding to eat something you have grown.
- Read a good book: Relaxing with a good book is a great way to spend some time on the weekend.
- Game night: Get out the cards and board games and have some fun.
- Barbeque: Have some friends over and throw a steak on the barby.
- Massage: Take an hour and get a wonderful massage.
- Beach trip: Visit your local beach. Even if you do not live close to the ocean there is a beach near you. Many are unaware that there are beaches to visit on river banks near them.
- Go tubing: Just about everyone lives near a river in America. Get a tire tube and head to the river.
- Catch up on your television: Curl up on the couch and fire up the DVR. Catch up with your favorite TV shows.
These are just a few of the activities you can do on your day off. Whichever activity you choose, we hope you do it with someone you love.
11 Responses to “27 Things to do on Your Day Off”
Leave a Reply
Mail (will not be published) (required)